How to play invoker – Dota 2 Invoker guide
Invoker is one of the hardest heroes to play, 9 spells seems a lot to be able to understand and use them in the right time, fast thinking and fast reaction is the ultimate need when playing invoker.
Invoker skill build
there is two spell builds works on invoker:
|Quas + Exort||Quas + Wex|
Exort and Quas
- Easy lane dominating.
- Crazy damage early game.
- focus on getting last hits and denies early game.
- Used against fragile heroes to get easy kills (Skywraith, lina, most of the supports, ..etc).
- Needs good vision for the sun strike .
- Better on a single target.
- most used spells ” Early/mid game” ( Sun strike , Cold snap , Ice wall , Forge spirit ).
Wex and Quas
- Gives way too better movement and attack speed.
- Used against heroes who depends on mana pool (Tide, Medusa, … etc)
- Most used spells here ( Cold snap , Tornado , E.M.P , Ghost walk )
- Better for team fights against many targets.
Wex and exort are not advised since there is not much spell combination you can use.
*for more information about each spell check out dota 2 gamepedia.
Invoker skill combo
Cold snap and sun strike
- Best used early game
- better with creeps/forge spirit or allies attacking the target to keep him stunned for the sun strike
Chaos meteor and defending blast
- One of the best spell combos with good AOE heroes ( enigma, magnus, dark seer, ..etc ).
- Crazy amount of damage early/mid game when playing “Quas+Exort” build.
- You can start with a tornado if you don’t have an (AOE) disabler on your team
Tornado and sun strike
- can be tricky since you have to know how much time the tornado will take depending on the Quas level and match it with the sun strike delay time .